When things get a bit rough with your pet’s coat we can help. At Atlas Animal Hospital, we have experienced staff that will be able to calmly comb, and maintain your pet’s coat and make sure that all is well. We will make your pet look marvelous again, that is why we are the number one choice of Vets in Vancouver.
Grooming or pet grooming is an important part of dog care. All Breeds require daily grooming, how much depends on the breed, age, or health of the pet. Regular more detailed grooming helps to ensure the dog is healthy and comfortable. It is important to note that while many dogs shed, others (such as the Poodle), do not shed (see Moult) as profusely, and require grooming by a professional every 6–8 weeks maximum.
The main reasons for daily grooming include:
- decreased chance of various health problems, such as thrush, scratches, and other skin problems
- general cleanliness of the pet
- monitoring of the pet’s health by checking for cuts, heat, swelling, lameness, or changes in temperament, all of which could be indicative of illness
- reducing infestation load of external parasites on skin.
Our Grooming Services
- Any dog, cat, ferret, rabbit hairstyle you like. Please let us know your preferred style, from simple to creative cuts, all done by our experienced groomers. We do breed specific cuts, or bring in a photo if you want us to try something a bit different.
- Skincare and Health: We use specially selected shampoos & cleaning products so we can match the right product to your pet’s skin care, hair care, and flea control needs. We also take care of your pet’s health, with toenail clipping, ear cleaning, anal gland expression, and so on.
- Low-stress Grooming: Each pet is given individual service by one groomer in a calm environment
- 24 Hour Service: We are open all hours, so if there you can leave your pet before work and pick up after work
- Support and Affordability: We encourage you to groom your pet regularly to improve their overall health and happiness. To this end we offer very affordable prices.
Wild and Wacky Cuts for the fun – these one we do not do